Sensation & sensibility , c2005
Sensation & sensibility : viewing Gainsborough's cottage door / edited by Ann Bermingham.
- Additional Title(s):
Sensation and sensibility
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 216 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 G16 S45 2005 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- BEIN 2014 +686: Dust jacket.
"This publication accompanies the exhibition ... co-organized by the Yale Center for British Art (YCBA) and The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens in San Marino, California. Exhibition dates: at the YCBA from 6 October to 31 December 2005 and at the Huntington from 11 February to 14 May 2006"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -211) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Exhibition techniques -- History -- 18th century.Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788 -- Criticism and interpretation.Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788. Cottage door.Genre painting, English -- 18th century.Rural poor in art.