Sensation & sensibility , c2005
Sensation & sensibility : viewing Gainsborough's cottage door / edited by Ann Bermingham.
- Additional Title(s):
Sensation and sensibility
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 216 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 G16 S45 2005 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- BEIN 2014 +686: Dust jacket.
"This publication accompanies the exhibition ... co-organized by the Yale Center for British Art (YCBA) and The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens in San Marino, California. Exhibition dates: at the YCBA from 6 October to 31 December 2005 and at the Huntington from 11 February to 14 May 2006"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -211) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Exhibition techniques -- History -- 18th century.Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788 -- Criticism and interpretation.Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788. Cottage door.Genre painting, English -- 18th century.Rural poor in art.