Danahay, Martin A, Gender at work in Victorian culture , c2005
Gender at work in Victorian culture : literature, art and masculinity / Martin A. Danahay.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2005.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 180 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR468.L3 D36 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -174) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Division of labor -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Literature and society -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Masculinity in literature.Men -- Employment -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Men in literature.Sex role in literature.Work in literature.Working class -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Working class in art.Working class in literature.
- Victorian work and industry
- Gendering work in the 1840s
- Dickens, work and sexuality
- Ford Madox Brown and the division of labor
- Perversity at work : Munby and Cullwick
- John Ruskin, digging
- Gissing and the demise of the man at work.