Metamorphosis , c2005
- Metamorphosis : British art of the Sixties : works from the Collections of the British Council and the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation / [curated by Richard Riley, Ana de Vasconcelos e Melo, and Isadora Papadrakakis].
- Torino : Umberto Allemandi & Co., c2005.
- Physical Description:
- 106 p. : ill. ; 30 x 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6768 .M47 2005 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Forewords by Fleurette P. Karadontis and Jorge Molder; prefatory essays by Kyriakos Koutsomallis, Richard Riley, Ana de Vasconcelos e Melo, and Isadora Papadrakakis.
"The Basil and Elise Goulandris Foundation has brought together a representative selection of significant works of art by thirty-one internationally renowned figures who have influenced generations of artists"--Foreword.
"Basil & Elise Goulandris Foundation, Museum of Contemporary Art, Andros, 26 June - 25 September 2005."
Includes bibliographical references.
This volume presents works of Pop and Op art, hard edge abstraction, figurative and non-figurative painting, prints, works on paper, reliefs and abstract colored sculpture.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Avant-garde (Aesthetics) -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.British Council. Visual Arts Dept. -- Collections.Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian -- Collections.