IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Black Victorians , 2005
Black Victorians : black people in British art 1800-1900 / edited by Jan Marsh.
- Additional Title(s):
Black people in British art 1800-1900
- Aldershot [England] ; Lund Humphries, 2005.
Burlington, VT: Lund Humphries, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 208 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6767.5.V52 B58 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]Reference LibraryN6767.5.V52 B58 2005 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Catalog of an exhibition held at Manchester Art Gallery, Oct. 1, 2005-Jan. 6, 2006 and Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Jan. 28-Apr. 2, 2006.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -205).
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 19th century -- Themes, motives -- Exhibitions.Art, Victorian -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Black people in art -- Exhibitions.Photography -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.
- The black presence in British art 1800-1900 / J. Marsh.--At home in England: Black imagery across the Atlantic / R. Clytus.--Observations and interpretation: travelling artists in Egypt / B. Llewellyn.--Vénus Africaine: race, beauty and African-ness / C. Nelson.--Icon of the age: "Africa", Victoria and The secret of England's greatness / J. Marsh.--Victorian photography and the mapping of the Black presence / C. Bressey.