IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Busuttil, Salvatore, Solenne processione vaticana del Corpus Domini , [1839?]
Solenne processione vaticana del Corpus Domini : diretta da uno de' cerimonieri di Sua Santità Gregorio XVI ...
- Roma : Presso l'Editore Deodato Minelli, [1839?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaf, , 33 leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 x 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 10Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 538
BEIN Italian Festivals Folio 23: Engraved title leaf is front pastedown, the unnumbered leaf and 33 leaves of plates are loose in binding, mounted on fabric and folded accordian style, measuring 1377 cm. in length. All leaves are hand colored. Armorial bookplate with motto: Semper progrediens [Rudolf Ritter von Gutmann?] Bookplate: The Brother Julian F.S.C. Collection, Manhattan College, New York. Binding: rebacked red Morocco, gold tooled with the Papal arms of Gregory XVI.
Consists of 34 engravings by Salvatore Busuttil after his own designs, signed and dated between 1837 and 1839. Title leaf signed: G. Cattaneo.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy (Life 538). Incomplete: comprises only 10 of the plates, disbound, lacking the title leaf. Hand colored and heightened in gold.
- Subject Terms:
- Corpus Christi festival -- Italy -- Rome.Gregory XVI, Pope, 1765-1846 -- Binding.Manhattan College. Library -- Bookplate.Processions -- Italy -- Rome.Ritter von Gutmann, Rutter -- Bookplate.
- Festival books.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Armorial bindings (Binding)
Armorial bindings (Provenance)
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1839.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.