Abramson, Daniel M. (Daniel Michael), 1963-, Building the Bank of England : money, architecture, society, 1694-1942 , 2005
Building the Bank of England : money, architecture, society, 1694-1942 / Daniel M. Abramson.
- Yale University Press : New Haven, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 282 p. : ill., maps (some col.) ; 33 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA6245.G72 L633 2005 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture and society -- England -- History.Bank buildings -- England -- London.Bank of England -- Buildings.Bank of England -- History.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Wilderness years in Grocers' Hall, 1694-1734
- Corporate virtue : George Sampson's Bank of England, 1731-34
- Making the market : Robert Taylor's Bank of England, 1764-88
- "Shadows upon the stone" : John Soane's early bank halls, 1788-99
- The spectacle of finance : nationalism, urbanism, and bureaucracy, 1793-1808
- Soane's finale and the Bank of England in his career, 1814-1833
- Myth and modernity : Herbert Baker's Bank of England, 1921-1942
- Architecture and history : learning from the Bank of England.