IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Wenner, Barbara Britton, 1946-, Prospect and refuge in the landscape of Jane Austen , c2006
Prospect and refuge in the landscape of Jane Austen / Barbara Britton Wenner.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2006.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 124 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR4038.S46 W46 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Subject Terms:
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817 -- Characters -- Heroines.Austen, Jane, 1775-1817 -- Knowledge -- Georgraphy.Austen, Jane, 1775-1817 -- Settings.Landscape in literature.Personal space in literature.Setting (Literature)Women and literature -- England -- History -- 19th century.
- The potential of death by landscape
- "Four white cows disposed at equal distances," or steel traps to bowers in Austen's short fiction
- Heroines-in-training : the first three
- Enclaves of civility amidst clamorous impertinence
- The geography of Persuasion
- Sanditon : half topography, half romance
- Some nineteenth-century reactions, twenty-first century women
- In the landscape, and some final remarks.