Fingal : an ancient epic poem, in six books: together with several other poems / composed by Ossian the son of Fingal. Translated from the Galic language, by James Macpherson.
- London : Printed for T. Becket and P. A. De Hondt, in the Strand, MDCCLXII 
- Physical Description:
- , xvi, , 270 pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3544 A6 1762Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Speck Yc M1 762: 2d p.l. bound in following p. xvi.
Title page printed in red and black.
In fact by James Macpherson.
"A dissertation concerning the antiquity, &c. of the poems of Ossian ...": p. [i]-xvi.
Published in Dec. 1761, though dated 1762 on t.p. Cf. Black, Macpherson's Ossian and the Ossianic controversy, 1926 p. 21.
In some copies the preliminary advertisement leaf may be bound after p. xvi.
With a preliminary advertisement leaf (sig. A2) following the titlepage and a final advertisement leaf.
Tinker lib., 1514
English short title catalogue, T132461
- Subject Terms:
- Ellice, Edward -- Autograph.Ellice, Edward -- Bookplate.Home, John, 1722-1808 -- Autograph.Ossian, active 3rd century.
- Annotations (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.