David Hockney : portraits / Sarah Howgate, Barbara Stern Shapiro ; with essays by Mark Glazebrook, Marco Livingstone, and Edmund White.
- Additional Title(s):
- New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- 256 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), ports. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H64 H68 2006 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalog of an exhibition held Feb. 26-May 14, 2006 at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; Jun. 11-Sept. 4, 2006 at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art; and Oct. 12, 2006-Jan. 21, 2007 at the National Portrait Gallery, London.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 252-253) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Hockney, David -- Exhibitions.Hockney, David -- Friends and associates -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Portrait drawing, English -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Portrait painting, English -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- The private face of a public art / Marco Livingstone
- A cultured rebel / Mark Glazebrook
- Portraits, places and spaces / Sarah Howgate
- Standing for Hockney / Sarah Howgate
- The lineaments of desire / Edmund White
- Hockney works on paper / Barbara Stern Shapiro
- List of plates
- Notes on sitters