David Hockney : portraits / Sarah Howgate, Barbara Stern Shapiro ; with essays by Mark Glazebrook, Marco Livingstone, and Edmund White.
- Additional Title(s):
- New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- 256 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), ports. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H64 H68 2006 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Catalog of an exhibition held Feb. 26-May 14, 2006 at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; Jun. 11-Sept. 4, 2006 at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art; and Oct. 12, 2006-Jan. 21, 2007 at the National Portrait Gallery, London.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 252-253) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Hockney, David -- Exhibitions.Hockney, David -- Friends and associates -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Portrait drawing, English -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Portrait painting, English -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- The private face of a public art / Marco Livingstone
- A cultured rebel / Mark Glazebrook
- Portraits, places and spaces / Sarah Howgate
- Standing for Hockney / Sarah Howgate
- The lineaments of desire / Edmund White
- Hockney works on paper / Barbara Stern Shapiro
- List of plates
- Notes on sitters