The world of tomorrow, New York World's Fair [diorama] / copyright by Elizabeth Sage Hare and Warren Chappell.
- Additional Title(s):
At head of title: 1789 1939
- [New York : s.n., 1939]
- Physical Description:
- 1 diorama : cardboard and paper (col.) ; 13 x 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 H3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BEIN Shirley 4874: Ms. numbers on front and back.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 65
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
A diorama consisting of 6 color-lithographed cardboard leaves , mounted on tissue-paper accordion folds, that give a perspective view through a peep hole of the New York World's Fair of 1939.
- Subject Terms:
- Exhibitions -- New York (State) -- New York -- Pictorial works.New York World's Fair (1939-1940) -- Pictorial works.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
YCBA Collections Search
Hare, Elizabeth Sage, The world of tomorrow, New York World's Fair, 1939]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.