Papermaking and the art of watercolor in eighteenth-century Britain : Paul Sandby and the Whatman Paper Mill / Theresa Fairbanks Harris and Scott Wilcox ; with essays and contributions by Stephen Daniels, Maureen Green, and Michael Fuller.
- Additional Title(s):
Paul Sandby and the Whatman Paper Mill
Mr. Whatman's mill
- New Haven : Yale University Press, in association with the Yale Center for British Art, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- x, 164 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.Sa56 A15 V5 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- "This publication accompanies the exhibition Mr. Whatman's Mill: Papermaking and the art of Watercolor in eighteenth-century Britain, organized by the Yale Center for British Art, on view at the Center, February 22-June 4, 2006"--P. [vi]
Includes bibliographical references (p. 157-158) and index.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
- Subject Terms:
- Papermaking -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Sandby, Paul, 1731-1809 -- Criticism and interpretation.Sandby, Paul, 1731-1809. View of Vinters at Boxley, Kent, with Mr. Whatman's Turkey Paper Mill -- Exhibitions.Watercolor paper -- England -- Exhibitions.Whatman, James, 1702-1759 -- Exhibitions.Whatman, James, 1741-1798 -- Exhibitions.
- Sandby, Whatman, and watercolor: an introduction / Scott Wilcox
- A prospect for the nation / Stephen Daniels
- Papermaking and the Whatmans / Theresa Fairbanks Harris, Michael Fuller, and Maureen Green
- Paul Sandby's creation of the watercolor of A View of Vinters at Boxley, Kent, with Mr. Whatman's Turkey Paper Mill / Theresa Fairbanks Harris
- A synoptic view of papers marked "Whatman" in eighteenth- and nineteenth-century England / Theresa Fairbanks Harris, Michael Fuller, and Maureen Green
- The evolution of Whatman papers / Michael Fuller.