Il Solimano : tragedia / del co. Prospero Bonarellj.
- In Firenze : Nella Stamperia di Pietro Cecconcelli, MDCXX 
- Physical Description:
- , 162,  p., 5 leaves of plates (folded) : ill. ; 23 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ4615.B323 S65 1620Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- BEIN Italian Festivals 62: No. 1 of 2 works bound together with spine title: Il Solimano e L'Aristodemo.
BEIN Monteverdi 42: From the Albi Rosenthal Collection of Monteverdi and the birth of opera.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in Italian flexible boards covered with pink paper gilt-stamped with floral motif.
The scenes here illustrated were copied when this production was revived in 1623, for the festivities on the occasion of the visit of the cardinal Francesco Sacrati.
Illustrations by Jacques Callot comprising illustrated title-page with Medici arms, and 5 double plates representing the stage setting.
Imprint from colophon: In Firenze nella stamperia di Pietro Cecconcelli. MDCXX. Alle stelle Medicee. Con licenzia de' periori.
Signatures: a⁶ A-V⁴ X².
Pages 33-40 and 89 misnumbered 41-48 and 98 respectively.
"Al ser.mo granduca di Toscana."
Errata on p.  at end.
Brunet, J.-C. Manuel du libraire et de l'amateur de livres (5e éd.), I, 1090
Catalogo ragionato dei libri d'arte e d'antichità posseduti dal conte Cicognara 1086
- Subject Terms:
- Operas -- Librettos.Rosenthal, Albi, 1914-2004 -- Ownership.Süleyman I, Sultan of the Turks, 1494 or 1495-1566 -- Drama.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.