The illustrated London news.
- London : William Little, 1842-
- Physical Description:
- v. : ill. ; 30-43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPeriodicals (4to) Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPeriodicals (4to) Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 2006 Folio S210: From the library of Alfred Heller: 16:407-18:497, 19:500-20:566
BEIN 2006 Folio S210: Bookplate: James William Pile: 6:407-17:462.
BEIN 2006 Folio S210: Christmas 1890 and Christmas 1893: From the Tyler Kipling Collection.
BEIN 2006 Folio S210: 262(6908): Ms. notes of John Betjeman.
BEIN 2006 Folio S210: Bookplate of Sir W. G. Gordon Cumming. Accompanied by dealer catalog clipping, 1 L. From the library of Dr. Franz R. Stenzel and Mrs. Kathryn M. Stenzel: 62.
BEIN 2015 Folio S210: From the library of Walter L. Pforzheimer (Christmas, 1892).
BEIN Hohenzollern S5: Hohenzollern-Schlaberg-Hughes Collection, Gift of Thomas Lowe Hughes, J.D. 1952.
BEIN Richards Kipling S47: From the David Alan Richards Collection of Rudyard Kipling.
BEIN Richards Kipling S47 Copy 1: Imperfect: covers and advertising matter wanting: 1890:Christmas.
BAC: British Art Center has complete duplicates for 1843, 1844, 1847, 1852-1855, 1857-1858, 1862-1869, 1871, 1890, 1892-1895, 1898-1900. Duplicates of Jan.-June for 1845, 1851, 1852, 1853, 1858, 1859, 1863, 1867, 1870(2), 1891, 1897, 1899. Duplicates of July-Dec. for 1846(2), 1857, 1865, 1866, 1889, 1896. Duplicates of May to Dec. of 1842, 1856, 1862. Jan.-June for 1881, 1883, 1904. Jan-Mar & July-Dec. for 1933. 1936 Christmas issue. Dec. 3, 1938 with special Rumanian section.
Title from caption.
-winter 1993 called also -v. 281, no 7117.
Issues for 1994- lack numbering; some also lack dates.
Supplements and special numbers accompany many volumes.
Christmas supplement for 1910 contains illustrations by Tony Sarg.
Issued also on microfilm by University Microfilms.
- Subject Terms:
- Betjeman, John, Sir, 1906- -- Ms. notes.Betjeman, John, Sir, 1906- -- Ms. notes.Cumming, W. G. Gordon, Sir M.D. -- Bookplate.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England) -- Periodicals.Heller, Alfred E. -- Ownership.Hughes, Thomas Lowe, 1925- -- Ownership.London (England) -- Periodicals.Pforzheimer, Walter L. (Walter Lionel), 1914-2003 -- Ownership.Pile, James William -- Bookplate.Richards, David Alan, 1945- -- Ownership.Stenzel, Franz -- Ownership.Stenzel, Kathryn M. (Kathryn Mathison) -- Ownership.Tyler, Matilda -- Ownership.Tyler, Matilda -- Ownership.World's fairs -- England -- London -- 1851.World's fairs.
- Periodicals -- England -- 19th century.
Peterloo and Protest (Yale Center for British Art, 2019-08-16 - 2019-12-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Art and Emancipation in Jamaica: Isaac Mendes Belisario and his Worlds (Yale Center for British Art, 2007-09-27 - 2007-12-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]