Maltz, Diana, 1965-, British aestheticism and the urban working classes, 1870-1900 , 2006
- British aestheticism and the urban working classes, 1870-1900 : beauty for the people / Diana Maltz.
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- x, 290 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR468.A33 M35 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 263-278) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetic movement (Art) -- Great Britain.Aestheticism (Literature)Aesthetics, British -- 19th century.Art and literature -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.City and town life -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Poor in literature.Social problems -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Urban poor -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Working class -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Working class -- Great Britain -- Intellectual life.Working class in literature.