Mittman, Asa Simon, 1976-, Maps and monsters in medieval England , 2006
Maps and monsters in medieval England / Asa Simon Mittman.
- New York : Routledge, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 264 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryGA221 .M58 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 211-260) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Early maps.England -- Civilization -- 1066-1485.Geography, Medieval -- Maps.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval.Monsters in art.
- Mythical origins
- Mapping identity
- The monsters on the edge
- The reality and persistence of monsters
- Containment and consumption
- Monstrous sin and salvation
- Monstrous nature
- The monster within
- Saints in the margins
- Conclusion: Dwellings in the monster.