Coltman, Viccy, Fabricating the antique , 2006
Fabricating the antique : neoclassicism in Britain, 1760-1800 / Viccy Coltman.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 256 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6766.5.N4 C65 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
Contributor biographical information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 239-246) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 18th century.Neoclassicism (Art) -- Great Britain.
- (Neo)classicism in the British library
- Worth looking at with reflection
- Monuments as texts and texts as monuments
- Fitt to furnish 2 or more rooms
- Influence of Sir William Hamilton's vase publications on English country house furnishings
- Under the sun there is nothing new
- (Re)constructing Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Familiar objects in an unfamiliar world
- Cachet of the copy
- Cream of antiquity
- Charles Townley and his August family of ancient marbles.