Fontanel, Béatrice, Daily life in art , 2006
Daily life in art / Béatrice Fontanel ; translated from the French by Liz Nash.
- Additional Title(s):
Vie quotidienne en peinture. English
- New York : H.N. Abrams, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 199 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1450 .F6613 2006 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 198)
- Subject Terms:
- Genre painting.Interior decoration in art.Manners and customs in art.
- Middle ages
- In the ladies chamber
- Drama of the fireplace
- Seventeenth century
- Holland invents the well-ordered household
- Age of enlightenment
- Servant enters the scene
- Nineteenth century
- Triumph of the bourgeois apartment
- Twentieth century
- Decline of the linen closet and the birth of comfort.