Heal, Ambrose, 1872-1959, The English writing-masters and their copy-books, 1570-1800;, 1962
- The English writing-masters and their copy-books, 1570-1800; a biographical dictionary & a bibliography, by Ambrose Heal, with an introduction on the development of handwriting by Stanley Morison. Illustrated with portraits of the masters and specimens of their hands.
- Hildesheim : G. Olms, 1962.
- Physical Description:
- xl, 225 p., LXXXI leaves of plates : ill., ports. ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ43 A2 H43 1962 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Reprint of the edition published in London in 1931 by the Cambridge University Press.
In two sections: Biographies of the writing-masters; Bibliographies of the copy-books.
Appendices: Writing schools. Engravers of copy-books. Booksellers' imprints. Addenda.
- Subject Terms:
- Calligraphers -- Biography.Copybooks -- Bibliography.Great Britain -- Bio-bibliography.Penmanship.