Graphic illustrations of Great Yarmouth and its environs : extending from Caister to Lowestoft / engraved in the line manner by Joseph Lambert, from drawings made by him for that purpose ... including the remains of antiquity, public buildings, picturesque views, and whatever is worthy of notice along the coast, the banks of the Yare, the Bure, and the Waveney ; with a descriptive index by J.H. Druery.
- Yarmouth [Norfolk] : Printed by W. Meggy ... for J. Lambert ..., London, 1822.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 24 leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 G82 D7 1822+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Joseph Lambert; after Joseph Lambert, John Henry Druery, and John Carl Wright.
Plates are proof copies.
Leather label on front cover reads: Lambert's Views in Yarmouth and its environs.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1822.Great Yarmouth (England) -- Description and travel.Great Yarmouth (England) -- Pictorial works.Lambert, Joseph -- Publisher.Meggy, W. -- Printer.Norfolk (England) -- Description and travel.Norfolk (England) -- Pictorial works.University of Leicester. Library -- Stamp.
YCBA Collections Search
Druery, John Henry, Graphic illustrations of Great Yarmouth and its environs , 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.