The sculpture gallery : a series of eighty-one engravings : accompanied with descriptive prose and illustrative poetry / by James Dafforne ..., and other living authors ; preceded by an historical and critical essay on sculpture, ancient and modern.
- London : Virtue and Company, [185-?].
- Physical Description:
- 230 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNB60 S3 1850z+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Edwin Roffe, Edward Hodges Baily, William Callio Roffe, William Henry Mote, Richard Austin Artlett, George R. Hall, James H. Baker, T.W. Knight, James Thomson, Alfred Robert Freebairn, T.W. Hunt, R.H. Dyer, Peltro William Tomkins, J. [i.e. Joseph] Brown, Benjamin Holl, Charles Knight, and Edward Francis Finden; after bas reliefs and statuesby various sculptors.
Date from NUC pre-56.
Added engraved t.p. reads: The gallery of modern sculpture.
- Subject Terms:
- Sculpture -- History.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- [185-?]Virtue and Company -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.