Encyclopaedia heraldica, or, Complete dictionary of heraldry / by William Berry ...
- Additional Title(s):
Complete dictionary of heraldry
- London : Published for the author by Sherwood, Gilbert and Piper, [1828?]
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : coats of arms ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCR13 B5 1828+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center copy is bound in 2 vols., in original boards.
BEIN Osborn pd439: Bookplate of Arthur Charles Fox-Davies. Volume 1: accompanied by several manuscript notes in unidentified hand on loose or tipped-in leaves, newspaper articles, newspaper extracts adhered throughout; manuscript notes in unidentified hand scattered throughout. Volume 2: accompanied by manuscript notes on loose and tipped-in leaves. Volume 3: possible variant: includes "Reference from the plates to the dictionary" bound before plate number I, plate number I: illustration lacking detail and shadowing. From the Toshiyuki Takamiya Collection of Arthur Charles Fox-Davies Heraldry Materials.
SML Cr13 B47 (LC): Volume 3: Includes additional unnumbered colored plate bound before plate number I; lacks "Reference from the plates to the dictionary".
Plates engraved by James Joshua Neele, Josiah Neele, John Walker, James Mutlow, and Oliver; after James Joshua Neele, Josiah Neele, and James Mutlow.
Engraved t.-p.s, with vignettes.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox-Davies, Arthur Charles, 1871-1928 -- Bookplate.Heraldry -- Dictionaries.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Sherwood, Gilbert and Piper -- Publisher.Takamiya, Toshiyuki -- Ownership.
- v.1. Complete dictionary of heraldry. Glover's Ordinary of arms, augm. and improved, with indexes, &c. Mottos of the nobility &c. Appendix, containing baronets of Scotland and Ireland... Supplement to Dictionary of heraldry, and addenda
- v.2. Dictionary of arms of the principal private families in England, Scotland, and Ireland
- v.3. Explanatory plates to the Dictionary of heraldry, orders of knighthood and the arms of subscribers