Smith, William, 1727-1803, An historical account of the expedition against the Ohio Indians, in the year MDCCLXIV, under the command of Henry Bouquet, Esq., colonel of foot, and now brigadier general in America , MDCCLXVI 
- An historical account of the expedition against the Ohio Indians, in the year MDCCLXIV, under the command of Henry Bouquet, Esq., colonel of foot, and now brigadier general in America : including his transactions with the Indians, relative to the delivery of their prisoners, and the preliminaries of peace : with an introductory account of the preceding campaign, and battle at Bushy-Run : to which are annexed military papers, containing reflections on the war with the savages, a method of forming frontier settlements; some account of the Indian country, with a list of nations, fighting men, towns, distances, and different routs : the whole illustrated with a map and copper-plates / published, from authentic documents, by a lover of his country.
- Philadelphia, printed ; Re-printed for T. Jefferies, geographer to His Majesty, MDCCLXVI 
London : Re-printed for T. Jefferies, geographer to His Majesty, MDCCLXVI 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 71 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., maps ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE83.76 S655 1766+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View the catalog record for West's original drawing of The Indians giving a talk to Colonel Bouquet
View the catalog record for West's original drawing of The Indians delivering up the English captives to Colonel Bouquet
- Two plates engraved by Charles Grignion and Pierre Charles Canot; after Benjamin West. The original drawings by West are in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (Department of Prints and Drawings, B1975.4.794 and B1975.4.798). See links provided herewith.
Also attributed to Thomas Hutchins.
First ed., Philadelphia, 1765.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Bouquet's Expedition, 1764.Bushy Run, Battle of, Pa., 1763.Craig, Neville B., 1847-1926 -- Autograph.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1766.Etching -- Specimens -- 1766.Indians -- Warfare.Indians of North America.Jefferies, T. -- Publisher.Roy, Donald E. -- Bookplate.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.