Clarke, Edward Daniel, 1769-1822, A tour through the south of England, Wales, and part of Ireland, made during the summer of 1791, MDCCXCIII 
- A tour through the south of England, Wales, and part of Ireland, made during the summer of 1791.
- London: : Printed at the Minerva Press, Leadenhall-Street, for R. Edwards, No. 142, New Bond-Street, MDCCXCIII 
- Physical Description:
- xxx, , 403,  pages,  leaves of plates : engravings ; 22 cm (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 C62 1793Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIR Ede 791C: Autograph of Charles M. Tainton, Colechester, Connecticut, Feb. 12 1868.
Written by Edward Daniel Clarke. See Halkett.
Three of the plates are signed by H. Spence.
One of two impressions; has only press figure 3; p. 118-119 have text on the Cornish dialect; Section the third begins on p. 132.
Signatures: [a]⁴ b-d⁴ B-3E⁴ 3F².
Pages [xxxi]-[xxxii] and p.  at end are blank.
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous publications in the English language (3rd ed.), IV:2613
English Short Title Catalogue, T145932
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 3
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Plates are not colored. Bound in contemporary quarter calf and brown boards. Bookplate: Elizabeth Pitcairn.
- Plates (titles from captions): A view from the inside of the circles looking east -- Plan of Stone-henge on Salisbury Plain -- Inward view looking westward -- An exterior view south west -- Inward view looking west nore west -- An outside view looking to the north east -- Pont-pren in Coomb Ryddol -- The Devil's Bridge near the great Fall of the Monach -- [Mountain scene] -- [Mountains and river] -- Carnarvon Castle towards the Menai, taken from the Isle of Anglesea -- Part of the inside of Carnarvon Castle.
- Subject Terms:
- Caernarfon Castle (Caernarfon, Wales)Great Britain -- Antiquities.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Ireland -- Antiquities.Ireland -- Description and travel.Pitcairn, Elizabeth -- Bookplate.Stonehenge (England)
- Aquatints -- 1793.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.