Yorke, James, fl. 1640, The union of honovr , 1640
- The union of honovr : containing the armes, matches and issves of the kings, dukes, marquesses and earles of England from the conquest, untill this present yeere, 1640 : with the armes of the English viscounts and barons now being : and of the gentry of Lincolnshire : whereunto is annexed, a briefe of all the battels which have beene fought and maintained by the English since the conquest, till the yeere 1602 / collected out of the most approved authours, former or moderne, by James Yorke, black-Smith.
- London : Printed by Edward Griffin for William Leake, and to be sold at his Shop in Chancery-lane, neere unto the Rolls, 1640.
- Physical Description:
- 16, 331, 52, 76 p. : coats of arms ; 31 cm. (F⁰)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS421 Y6 1640+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Most of the coats of arms hand-colored.
BAC: Arms of Ralph Sheldon, the antiquary, stamped in gold on front cover. Bound in reversed calf. Inscription on front flyleaf: "In Posterum. Benedicta anima illius cuius humilitas confundit alterius superbiam Chry. in ests [?]". Ms inscription on t.p.: Radulphus Sheldon de Beoly. Armorial bookplate of James Frampton.
Added t. p. engraved, with portrait of the author attributed to T. Rawlins, has imprint: London, Printed by E. Griffin, 1641.
Based for the most part upon Miller, Guillim, Brooke and Vincent.
STC (2nd ed.), 26103
- Subject Terms:
- Battles -- Great Britain.Frampton, James -- BookplateGreat Britain -- Genealogy.Griffin, Edward -- PrinterHeraldry -- Great Britain.Leake, William -- PublisherNobility -- Great Britain.Sheldon, Radulphus de Beoly -- AutographSheldon, Ralph, 1623-1684 -- AutographSheldon, Ralph, 1623-1684 -- Binding
- Armorial bindings (Provenance)
Armorial bindings (Binding)
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.