Guthrie, William, 1708-1770, A complete history of English peerage , 1763
- A complete history of English peerage : from the best authorities / by William Guthrie ... ; illustrated with elegant copper-plates of the arms of the nobility, blazoned in the heralds-office, by the proper officers, copper-plates of the premiers in their parliamentary robes ; and at the conclusion of the history of each family, vignets, and other ornaments, proper for the subject.
- London : Printed by Dryden Leach, for J. Newberry ..., S. Crowder and Co. and J. Coote [and 4 others], 1763.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., coats of arms ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS421 G8 1763+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center copy incomplete: v. 2 wanting.
Plates engraved by Charles Grignion, Barak Longmate, and J. Couse; after Samuel Wale.
- Subject Terms:
- Coote, J. -- Publisher.Crowder (S.) & Co. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1763.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Leach, Dryden -- Printer.Newberry, J. -- Publisher.Nobility -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.