Observations, relative chiefly to picturesque beauty : made in the year 1776, on several parts of Great Britain : particularly the High-lands of Scotland ... / by William Gilpin ...
- Second edition.
- London : R. Blamire, 1792.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA855 G45 1792Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title on spine reads: Gilpin's Scotch tour.
Aquatints by Samuel Alken; after drawings by Gilpin. One plate (cow's head) by Sawrey Gilpin.--cf. Barbier, C.P. William Gilpin. Oxford, 1963, p. 77.
- Subject Terms:
- Blamire, R. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Highlands (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Scotland -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Scotland -- Description and travel.
- Soft-ground etchings -- 1792.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1792.
YCBA Collections Search
Gilpin, William, 1724-1804, Observations, relative chiefly to picturesque beauty , 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.