IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gordon, Catherine M. (Catherine May), 1945-, British paintings of subjects from the English novel, 1740-1870 , 1988
British paintings of subjects from the English novel, 1740-1870 / Catherine M. Gordon.
- New York : Garland, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 405, 204 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryND466 G68 1988 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (Ph. D.)--Courtauld Institute of Art, 1981.
Bibliography: p. 369-405.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and literature -- Great Britain.English fiction -- 18th century -- Illustrations.English fiction -- 19th century -- Illustrations.Painting, British.Painting, Modern -- 17th century -- Great Britain.Painting, Modern -- 18th century -- Great Britain.Painting, Modern -- 19th century -- Great Britain.