Gordon, Catherine M. (Catherine May), 1945-, British paintings of subjects from the English novel, 1740-1870 , 1988
British paintings of subjects from the English novel, 1740-1870 / Catherine M. Gordon.
- New York : Garland, 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 405, 204 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryND466 G68 1988 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (Ph. D.)--Courtauld Institute of Art, 1981.
Bibliography: p. 369-405.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and literature -- Great Britain.English fiction -- 18th century -- Illustrations.English fiction -- 19th century -- Illustrations.Painting, British.Painting, Modern -- 17th century -- Great Britain.Painting, Modern -- 18th century -- Great Britain.Painting, Modern -- 19th century -- Great Britain.