Grose, Francis, 1731?-1791, The antiquities of England and Wales , 1773-1787
The antiquities of England and Wales / by Francis Grose ...
- London : Printed for S. Hooper, No. 25, Ludgate Hill, 1773-1787.
- Physical Description:
- 6 v. : ill., maps, port., plans ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA100 G87 1773+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by S. Sparrow, Van Drazonia[?], Francis Jukes, Dent & Innes, Richard Bernard Godfrey, Adam Smith, Benjamin Thomas Pouncy, John Pye, Pierre Charles Canot, John Hall, John Roberts, John Record, John Ellis, James Mason, Thomas Morris, James Peake, Dent, Dranezer, William Watts, Peter Mazell, Victor Marie Picot, Henry Roberts, Francesco Bartolozzi, Franco̧is Vivares, James Newton, Thomas Bonnor, Thomas Cook, James Heath, Charles Grignion, and N.C. Goodnicht; after Samuel Hieronymus Grimm, Nathaniel Dance Holland, and J. Reeves.
Engraved t.p. with vignette.
Most of the plates have text, or descriptive letter-press, at foot and on verso.
Vol. 5 has title that reads: Supplement to the antiquities of England and Wales.
Vol. 6 has title that reads: Supplement to the antiquities of England and Wales ... vol. II.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1773-1787.Etching -- Specimens -- 1773-1787.Great Britain -- Antiquities.Hooper, S. -- Publisher.Taylor, Simon R.B., Sir -- Provenance.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.