IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomson, William, 1746-1817, Prospects and observations on a tour in England and Scotland , 1791
Prospects and observations on a tour in England and Scotland : natural, œconomical, and literary / by Thomas Newte ...
- London Printed for G.G.J. and J. Robinson, 1791.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 440 p. : ill., map ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 S62 1795+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC copy bound with: Three successive tours in the north of England, and great part of Scotland / Henry Skrine. London : W. Bulmer & Co., 1795.
Map engraved by John Cary; illustrations engraved by [James?] Heath, Francis Cary, J. Phillips, and Peter Mazell; after George Barret, Alexander Nasmyth, James Playfair, Adam Callender, Mr. Garret, A. Grant, T. Milne, Charles Cordiner, Alexander Cordiner, and Alexander Shand.
First published, 1789, in shorter form, with title: Tour in England and Scotland, by an English gentleman. Cf. Dict. nat. biog.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1791.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Robinson, G. G. J. and J. -- Publisher.Scotland -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Scotland -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.