Grose, Francis, 1731?-1791, The antiquities of England and Wales , -1797
The antiquities of England and Wales / by Francis Grose.
- New edition.
- London : Printed for Hooper & Wigstead, -1797.
- Physical Description:
- 8 v. : ill., maps, port., plans ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA100 G87 1783+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : BAC copy incomplete: v. 3-8 wanting.
Plates in v. 1-2 engraved by S. Sparrow, N.C. Goodnicht, Thomas Bonner, Richard Bernard Godfrey, James Newton, John Hall, John Ellis, and John Roberts; after Samuel Hieronymus Grimm.
v. 8 has title: Supplement to The antiquities of England and Wales.
v. 1-2 continuously paged. v.1, pictures dated to 1787; v.2, pictures dated to 1784.
v.6, title page dated 1785; v.7, title page dated 1797.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- -1797.Etching -- Specimens -- -1797.Great Britain -- Antiquities.Hoare, Charles Hervey, b. 1875 -- Bookplate.Hooper & Wigstead -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.