Ovid, 43 B.C.-17 A.D. or 18 A.D, The metamorphoses of Ovid , 1968
The metamorphoses of Ovid / translated by William Caxton, 1480.
- Facsimile edition.
- New York : George Braziller, 1968.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA6522 M2 C28 1480a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- In slipcase, as issued.
Prospectus (2 copies) laid into slipcase. Title on front cover: The Caxton Ovid.
Facsimile reproduction of the manuscript at Magdalene College, Cambridge. Books 1-9, called the Philipps manuscript, were first discovered in 1964. Books 10-15, called the Pepys manuscript, were left to the college by Samuel Pepys in his will dated 1703.
- Subject Terms:
- Braziller, George -- Publisher.Manuscripts, English -- Facsimiles.Ovid, 43 B.C.-17 A.D. or 18 A.D. -- Manuscripts -- Facsimiles.
- v. 1. Books 1-9. The Phillipps manuscript
- v. 2. Books 10-15. The Pepys manuscript
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.