- Additional Title(s):
- [London] : Richard Pynson, 9 Oct. 1499.
- Physical Description:
- , clxxxviij,  leaves ; 15 cm. (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsKD140 A2 1499View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC copy is the one described in the Grolier Club catalog.
BAC copy bound in contemporary calf, rebacked, having on both covers stamped in blind a panel depicting a flagellation, bordered by a floral design.
Title from colophon. It reads: Explicit abbreuiamentum statuto[rum] ...
Leaf 2 (recto) reads: Incipit tabula huius libri ...
In law French and Latin.
On colophon is Pynson's first woodcut device (McKerrow 3).
Goff, F.R. Incunabula in American libraries, A-4
Proctor, R. Index to the early printed books in the British Museum, 9795
Duff, E.G. Fifteenth century English books, 376
Gesamtkatalog der Wiegendrucke, 5
Grolier Club. Fifty-five books printed before 1525 (1968), 44
Selected exhibitions: "Fifty-five Books Printed before 1525: Representing the Works of England's First Printers, an Exhibition from the Collection of Paul Mellon" (Grolier Club, 17 January-3 March 1968).
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- Specimens -- 1499.Eliot, John -- Autograph.Incunabula in Yale Library.Law -- Great Britain.Portman, Henricus -- Autograph.Pynson, Richard -- Printer.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1499.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.