Notice of a tessellated pavement discovered in the churchyard, Caerleon / by Octavius Morgan ... ; together with an essay on mazes and labyrinths, by the Rev. Edward Trollope ... ; with notes by Albert Way ...
- Newport [Gwent] : Printed for the Monmouthshire & Caerleon Antiquarian Association by Henry Mullock, 1866.
- Physical Description:
- 25,  p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA3750 M6 1866+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Trollope's essay is reprinted from Archaeological journal, no. 59 (1858).
- Subject Terms:
- Caerleon (Wales) -- Antiquities.Labyrinths.Maze gardens.Monmouthshire & Caerleon Antiquarian Association -- Publisher.Mullock, Henry -- Printer.Pavements, Mosaic.
YCBA Collections Search
Morgan, Octavius, 1803-1888, Notice of a tessellated pavement discovered in the churchyard, Caerleon , 1866
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.