Rutgeri Hermannidæ Britannia magna, sive Angliæ, Scottiæ, Hiberniæ & adjacentium insularum : geographico-historica descriptio.
- Amstelodami : Sumptibus Ægidii Jansonii Valckenier, 
- Physical Description:
- , 645,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps, plans ; 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA615 H47 1661Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added engraved t.p. with port. of Charles II & view of London.
Title vignette (printer's device. Rahir no. 43)
The town plans are based almost exclusively on those that appeared on John Speed's maps. (except Dover which did not appear on Speed's map of Kent).--cf. Smith.
BM v. 102, c. 501
Smith, D. Antique maps of the British Isles, p. 146-147.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- History.Olschki, Leo S. (Leo Samuel), 1861-1940 -- Bookplate.Valckenier, Aegidii Jansonii -- Printer.
- Engravings -- 1661.
Etchings -- 1661.
YCBA Collections Search
Hermannides, Rutgerus, d. 1680, Rutgeri Hermannidæ Britannia magna, sive Angliæ, Scottiæ, Hiberniæ & adjacentium insularum , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.