Forster, T. (Thomas), 1789-1860, Researches about atmospheric phaenomena , 1823
Researches about atmospheric phaenomena / by Thomas Forster ...
- The third edition, corrected and enlarged ... ; to which is added the calendar of nature ...
- London : Printed for Harding, Mavor and Lepard, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- xiv [i.e. xvi], 442 [i.e. 448] p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQC865 F73 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Frederick Christian Lewis; after Thomas Ignatius Maria Forster.
Supplement: Calendar of flora, fauna and pomona, compared with the journal of the weather, extracted from a Latin journal, recording observations of seventeen years [1806-1823]: p. -443.
Errors in pagination: p. xvi and p. 448 numbered xiv and 442 respectively.
This is the first ed. to contain the 6 aquatint plates.
- Subject Terms:
- Bullock, J. -- Printer.Clouds.Harding, Mavor and Lepard -- Publisher.Meteorology.Natural history -- Great Britain.Phenology.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.