British curiosities in art and nature : giving an account of rarities both ancient and modern, viz. monuments, monasteries, walls, Roman camps ... kings palaces, gentlemens seats ... learning and learned men, unusual customs of places, with whatever else is worthy observing, either by foreigners or our own countrymen that are inclin'd to go abroad : likewise an account of the posts, markets, & fair-towns : to which is added a very useful scheme, containing a brief account of the state of each county in England at one view, curiously engrav'd, and printed on a sheet, to fold up or put in a frame.
- Additional Title(s):
British curiosities in nature and art.
- London : Printed for Sam. Illidge ..., 1721.
- Physical Description:
- , 158 [i.e. 160] p.,  folded leaf of plates ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 B845 1721Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Page 39 incorrectly numbered 37; no. 111-112 repeated in the paging.
Title within double line border; paragraph notes.
Re-issue of 1st ed., with cancel t.p. First ed. has title that reads: British curiosities in nature and art.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Illidge, Samuel -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.