Great Britain illustrated / a series of original views from drawings by William Westall, A.R.A., engraved by, and under the direction of, Edward Finden, with descriptions by Thomas Moule.
- London : Charles Tilt, 1830.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 118 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 M68 1830+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 M68 1830+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Edward Francis Finden, Samuel Rawle, E. Francis, E. Benjamin, William Dean Taylor, James Fife, Richard Parr, John Roffe, and James Stubbs; after William Westall.
British Art Center has 2 copies.
Copy 1 has engravings mounted on India paper. It is bound in blind-stamped publisher's leather by Remnant & Edmonds (name stamped in blind on front & back covers).
Copy 2 is in original parts, in printed wrappers. Wrappers are dated 1828-1829.
Added engraved t.p.
Each plate consists of two views.
p. iv erroneously numbered vi.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- Specimens -- 1830.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Views.Ibotson and Palmer -- Printer.Remnant & Edmonds -- Bookbinder.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1830.Tilt, Charles, 1797-1861 -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.