Banks, William, d. 1866, Views of the English lakes , [ca. 1860?]
Views of the English lakes / drawn and engraved by W. Banks, Edinburgh.
- Additional Title(s):
Views in the English Lake District
- [Windermere] : Published by J. Garnet, Windermere, [ca. 1860?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 15 x 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670. L1 B36 1860 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670. L1 B36 1860 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title: Views in the English Lake District.
Steel engravings by William Banks; after Theophil Lindsay Aspland and William Banks.
Date of publication from Hunnisett.
Title page engraved.
Hunnisett, B. Illustrated dictionary of British steel engravers, p. 14
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is bound in original grey printed wrappers. Has hand-colored steel engravings. Advertisement for William Banks, engraver,  leaf at end. Copy 2 bound in publisher's blind and gilt-stamped green cloth, with gilt edges. Decorative engraved t.p. and  engraved plates. Illustrations uncolored. Cover title: Views in the English Lake District. Name stamp in blue ink and deaccessioned note of Northfield Historical Society on verso of first free endpaper
- Subject Terms:
- Garnet, J. -- Publisher.Lake District (England) -- Pictorial works.Northfield Historical Society -- Stamp. (BACRB Copy 2)Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1860.Steel engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1860.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.