Hudibras : in three parts / written in the time of the late wars ; corrected and amended, with additions, to which is added annotations, with an exact index to the whole ; adorn'd with a new set of cuts, design'd and engrav'd by Mr. Hogarth.
- London : Printed by T.W. for D. Browne [and 17 others], 1726.
- Physical Description:
- 424 (i.e. 420) p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3338 .A7 1726Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : BAC copy is bound in 3 vols.
The portrait on the frontispiece though entitled "Mr. Samuel Butler" is really that of Jean Baptiste Monnoyer. cf. Paulson, R. Hogarth's graphic works, v. 1, p. 126.
Parts 2 and 3 have separate title pages. The t.p. for pt. 3 bears the imprint: London : Printed for Francis Fayram, 1726.
Head and tail-pieces; initials.
Signatures: A-L¹² N-S¹² T⁶ U¹²
Errors in paging: v-vi, 125-142 repeated in numbering; 245-268 omitted.
"The author's life": [v]-xiv (i.e. p. [vii]-xvi)
- Subject Terms:
- Browne, D. -- Publisher.Fayram, Francis -- Publisher.T. W. -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1726.
Engravings -- 1726.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.