Vocabulary in French and English : a facsimile of Caxton's edition, c. 1480 / with introductions by J.C.T. Oates and L.C. Harmer.
- Additional Title(s):
Dialogues in French and English
- Cambridge [Cambridgeshire] : Cambridge University Press, 1964.
- Physical Description:
- xxxv, 49 p. : facsims. ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPE674 C3 1480a+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title: Caxton's Vocabulary.
Facsimile of the Cambridge University Library copy.
The French of Caxton's book is an adaptation of the French of the Livre des mestiers.
Also called Dialogues in French and English, and A book for travellers.
- Subject Terms:
- Cambridge University Press -- Publisher.Dialogues, English (Middle)Dialogues, French.English language -- Middle English, 1100-1500.French language -- To 1500 -- Conversation and phrase books.
YCBA Collections Search
Caxton, William, approximately 1422-1491 or 1492, Vocabulary in French and English , 1964
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.