Rosenthal, Angela, Angelica Kauffman , c2006
Angelica Kauffman : art and sensibility / Angela Rosenthal.
- Additional Title(s):
Angelika Kauffmann. English
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 342 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.K218 R67 2006 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Translated from the German.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Kauffmann, Angelica, 1741-1807 -- Criticism and interpretation.Portraits, British.Women painters -- Switzerland.
- Introduction : becoming pictures
- Penelope and the weaving of narrative
- Intersubjective portrayal
- Sentimental spaces
- The inner Orient
- Kauffman's helicon
- Civilizing femininity
- The image of Angelica.