Bracebridge, Selina, Notes descriptive of a panoramic sketch of Athens, taken May, 1839 , 1839
- Notes descriptive of a panoramic sketch of Athens, taken May, 1839 : sold in aid of the London Benevolent Repository.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Panoramic sketch of Athens
- London : W.H. Dalton, 28, Cockspur Street, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDF919 .B73 1839+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDF919 .B73 1839+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With the lithographed panorama by Selina Bracebridge, 26 x 253 cm, folded to 26 x 19 cm.
"Sketched from nature and on zinc by Mrs. Bracebridge, May 1839."--Folded plate.
Printed by D. Freeman, 29, Mount Street, Westminster Road.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 545
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. The panorama is hand-colored, and mounted on linen. Bound in dark green quarter roan and green marbled boards. In copy 2, the panorama is uncolored, and printed on blue-gray paper: Cover title: Panoramic sketch of Athens.
- Subject Terms:
- Athens (Greece) -- Description and travel.Athens (Greece) -- In art.Athens (Greece) -- Pictorial works.C hron. 1839.Dalton, W. H. -- Publisher.Freeman, D. -- Printer.Panoramas.Woolsey, Theodore Dwight, 1801-1889 -- Autograph, 1841.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1839.
Lithographs -- 1839.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.