IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The song of songs , MCMXXV 
The song of songs : called by many the canticle of canticles.
- Additional Title(s):
Bible. Song of Solomon. English. 1925.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, in Berkshire : Printed and published at the Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXV 
- Physical Description:
- , 9-42,  pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBS1483 .1925Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Imprint date in roman numerals.
"This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press and completed on the XVII. day of October MCMXXV. The illustrations have been designed and engraved on wood by Eric Gill. Compositors: F. Young and A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to seven hundred & fifty numbered copies."--Colophon.
Signatures: [a]⁴, b-f⁴; collation includes front paste-down, first front fly leaf and first back fly leaf.
Printed in red and black.
First 30 copies are hand-colored and signed by the artist.
Gill, E.R. Gill, 275.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 31
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 17 of 750. Bound in white buckram. Signed by the artist and printer.
MUDD,ZETA MLm435 925g: "No. 345." Autographed by Robert Gibbings, the printer.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible. Song of Solomon. English.Gibbings, Robert, 1889-1958 -- Autograph.Gill, Eric, 1882-1940 -- Autograph.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1925.
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1925.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.