Troilus and Criseyde / by Geoffrey Chaucer ; edited by Arundell del Re ; with wood engravings by Eric Gill.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence in Berkshire, England : Printed and published at the Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 309,  pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1895 .R45 1927+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added engraved title page.
"This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence in Berkshire. Beginning on the 20th day of September, 1926, it was completed on July 22nd, 1927. Compositors: F. Young and A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 225 copies of which nos. 1-6 are on vellum."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 50
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 158 of 225. Bound in quarter niger and patterned boards, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Cressida (Fictitious character) -- Poetry.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Troilus (Legendary character) -- Poetry.Trojan War -- Poetry.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1927.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.