The fables of Aesop / translated by Sir Roger L'Estrange, Kt.
- Additional Title(s):
Aesop's fables. English.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, in Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , v, , 94,  pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA3855.E5 L47 1926Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, in Berkshire, and completed on the 20th day of October, 1926. Wood-engravings by Celia M. Fiennes. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is re-printed from that of 1692, and is limited to 350 copies, of which 325 are for sale."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 45
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 197 of 350. Bound in cream quarter buckram with brown paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesop's fables -- Translations into English.Fables, Greek -- Translations into English.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Wood engravings -- 1926.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.