The pilgrim's progress : and The life & death of Mr. Badman / John Bunyan, 1628-1688.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 1928.
- Physical Description:
- 22, viii, 204, , x-xxiii, , 206-450,  pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3330.A2 H37 1928Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Karl Michel.
"The editor's introduction" signed: G.B. Harrison.
"This edition consists of 1,600 copies, of which 600 are for sale in the United States of America by Random House. The text has been printed on Arches paper by the Kynoch Press in Caslon monotype and Deutsche Zierschrift and the illustrations have been printed from the original woodblocks and colour stencilled by the Curwen Press: all under the care of Francis Meynell."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 55
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 984 of 1600. Bound in brown and green marbled cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Christian ethics -- Fiction.Conduct of life -- Fiction.Death -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.Hell.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Punishment -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.Retribution -- Religious aspects.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1928.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.