IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Johnston, Robert, 1783-1839, Travels through part of the Russian Empire and the country of Poland , 1815
Travels through part of the Russian Empire and the country of Poland : along the southern shores of the Baltic / by Robert Johnston, A.M. ; illustrated with maps and numerous coloured plates ; dedicated, by permission, to His Royal Highness the Prince Regent.
- London : Printed for J.J. Stockdale, No. 41, Pall-Mall, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- , vii, , 460 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK25 .J64 1815+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Aquatint engravings by Henry Edward Dawe, Charles J. Canton, Frederick Christian Lewis, Joshua Gleadah, Charles Williams, John Hill, and T. Cartwright; after Robert Johnston.
Printed by Cox and Baylis, Great Queen Street, Lincoln's-Inn-Fields, London.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 286
Hardie, M. English coloured books, p. 141-2
Prideaux, S.T. Aquatint engraving, p. 227, 341
Cat. Russica, No. J557
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 15
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in later brown half morocco and brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Cox and Baylis -- Printer.Lada-Mocarski, Laura K. (Laura Klots), 1902-1997 -- Bookplate.Lada-Mocarski, Valerian 1898-1971 -- Bookplate.Poland -- Description and travel.Russia -- Description and travel.Stockdale, J. J. -- Publisher.Voyages and travels.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1815.
Wood engravings -- 1815.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1815.
- Contents of the plates: Copenhagen
- Monastery of Olivia
- Cronstadt Boatmen
- Casan church
- Igiora, a village near St. Petersburg
- Flying Mountain
- Females in the Govt of Novogorod
- A Russian village near Moscow
- Smolensko --Lithuanian Jewess
- (Five wood-engravings of ploughs)
- Map of the north west part of Europe
- Map of the north west part of Russia.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.