Genesis : twelve woodcuts / by Paul Nash ; with the first chapter of Genesis in the authorized version.
- Additional Title(s):
Bible. O.T. Genesis I. English. Authorized. 1924.
- Soho [London] : Nonesuch Press, 1924
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBS1233 1924+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The edition is limited to three hundred and seventy-five copies. The cuts are printed from the wood and the text in Rudolf Koch's Newland type on Zanders hand-made paper ..."--P. 
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 14
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 14 of 375.
- Subject Terms:
- Curwen Press -- Printer.Nash, Paul, 1889-1946.Nonesuch Press -- Publisher.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1924.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
- The void
- The face of the water
- The division of the light from the darkness
- Creation of the firmament
- The dry land appearing
- The sun and moon
- The stars also
- The fish and the fowl
- Cattle and creeping thing
- Man and woman