Micro-cosmographie, or, A piece of the world discovered in essayes and characters / by John Earle ; edited by Gwendolen Murphy.
- Additional Title(s):
Piece of the world discovered in essayes and characters
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : Printed and published at The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- , vi, , 73,  pages ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2270.E27 M53 1928+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This text is faithfully reprinted from the first complete edition in 1633, except that obvious misprints have been corrected, and two alternative spelling adopted, to facilitate reading."--Textual notes.
"This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, and completed on January 10th, 1928, Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 400 copies, of which 150 are for the United States of America."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 55
SML,Y Ih Ea75 +628Mj: Number 149.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 246 of 400. Bound in red buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Characters and characteristics.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
YCBA Collections Search
Earle, John, 1601?-1665, Micro-cosmographie, or, A piece of the world discovered in essayes and characters , MCMXXVIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.