The Heritage of British literature , 1983
The Heritage of British literature / Elizabeth Bowen ... [et. al.]
- London ; Thames and Hudson, 1983.
New York : Thames and Hudson, 1983.
- Physical Description:
- 240 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR85 .H387 1983 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Beinecke copy has "First published in the USA in 1983 by Thames and Hudson ... New York" on t.p. verso.
"The essays by Elizabeth Bowen, Lord David Cecil, Graham Greene and Kate O'Brien were first published during the Second World War in the Britain in pictures series" -- T.p. verso.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- History and criticism.
- Poets / Lord David Cecil
- Dramatists / Graham Greene
- Novelists / Elizabeth Bowen
- Diaries & journals / Kate O'Brien
- Afterword / Anthony Burgess.